Monday, June 20, 2011

Day 3 – Kinsella, Kinsella, Kinsella

So it’s Day 3, and I’ve just finished “Sleeping Arrangements”, by Madeleine Wickham (Sophie Kinsella).  I enjoyed it as I tend to enjoy her sense of wit and humor, but overall I wasn’t nearly as impressed with this book as I am with all of her other books.  It is a story of two British families who go on holiday and find their Villa is double-booked.  Hugh and Chloe turn out to already know each other and this “accident” may not be so accidental after all.  If you enjoy Sophie Kinsella’s Shopaholic series you’ll probably enjoy this one as well (just maybe not as much)  Which speaking of I picked up “Mini Shopaholic”   today at the library, as well as “Full Blast”, a Janet Evanovich novel, on audio book. 
As well, I picked up a few books for my daughters which we spent the evening reading together.  One I though was most indearing is entitled “The Ticky-Tacky Doll” by Cynthia Rylant.  Its a story of a little girl who is quite fond of a sewing scrap doll made by her grandmother.  It’s a cute story that makes me want to attempt to sew one for my daughters (albeit I’d have to add a beginners sewing book to reading list).


No comments:

Post a Comment