Friday, May 11, 2012

It’s been awhile

It’s been awhile since I’ve been able to post as my daughter spilled Sprite© on my last laptop, but luckily my parents decided it was time for an unnecessary upgrade, and we are back in business. I took a bit of a hiatus from reading for awhile but picked it back up a few weeks ago. By the time summer reading at the library comes back around I won’t have much to choose from. I haven’t yet set my goal for how many books I want to read but look forward to it. One of my new favorites is the series, though they stand alone, by Joanne Fluke. It’s a murder mystery cookbook so too speak. Hannah Swenson owns the local cookie store aptly named, “The Cookie Jar”, and much to her mother’s dismay she is constantly finding dead bodies. But in it all she continues to run her cookie business and shares her recipes as she goes. Every month a recipe can be found on Joanne Fluke’s web page as well as information about each of her books. For me personally it has many comparisons to Evanovich’s series though Hannah Swenson seems to be quite a bit more wholesome then Stephanie Plum. But I will continue to read both series. Joanne Fluke’s Hannah Swenson mysteries can be read alone but as with most others they tend to be much better read in order.
Another new favorite of mine is Sandra Brown. I just finished, “Rainwater” which is set in a bigoted 1930’s. It’s a heart-wrenching story with an ending I wasn’t at all expecting, but worked almost as well as the one I hoped for. Because as well all know fairytale endings are just that.

No comments:

Post a Comment